Friday 19 June 2015

Grungey Boho Babe




Kimono - H&M
Lace Vest - Hollister
Mom Jeans - Boohoo

This outfits screams summer to me; The long white lace detail kimono and high waisted acid wash jeans. It's almost like 70s Boho and 90s Grunge had an adorable, and slightly confused, baby. I found this Kimono on an off chance. I'd seen a long lace maxi dress in the shop window for H&M and in trying to track it down I found this. I didn't buy that dress in the end because finding this kimono seemed so much better.

It's part of the H&M X Coachella range which explains why it gives off such a festival vibe. If I was going to a festival this year I'd definitely take this with me. Any of you who follow me on Instagram (xtyramx) will know I took it on my recent holiday to Mykonos and paired it with shorts and a pastel blue vest. 


For my makeup I attempted (for the first time ever) a winged liner. I didn't go too dramatic with it, in fact its hardly noticeable in these pictures, but I did try. Due to the almond shape of my eyes I have always worried that a winged liner would make my eyes look too elongated and drawn out. However after wearing a subtle wing all day I may have to try it more often. If anything it seemed to open up my eyes making them look larger and almost doll like.


Also I'm hoping someone has noticed how curly my hair is looking! For those of you who follow me on Twitter you may have seen me mentioning I purchased coconut oil for the first time from an organic food store. So the night I bought it I massaged it into my scalp and plaited my hair with the aim of co-washing it the next day. However when I undid the plaits my hair looked so curly, shiny (for me) and healthy that I left it like this all day. Still now at the end of the day as I'm writing this my hair feels gloriously soft and has retained a natural looking healthy, but not oily, shine.

I also purchased from the organic food store some homemade Aloe Vera Gel. I tested it out on my edges which it has held down pretty well. Nevertheless I shall wait until I have used it properly to give a full recommendation.


 Angel Necklace - Gift from a Local Jewellers
Flower Necklace - Urban Outfitters
In the end before I went out I put on these gold necklaces. I've recently been loving the layered necklace look and the varying colours of gold only add to the bohemian effect. This angel wing necklace is a particular favourite of mine as depending on the outfit it can look dark and edgy or feminine and pretty. 


Thanks for reading guys! What are your favourite two trends to mix at the moment? And what other natural/organic hair products do you swear by? Let me know in the comments below or on Twitter.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment