Wednesday 12 February 2014

Generation Foundation

For some reason this week I'm really put off by make-up. And by make-up I mean foundation, concealers, powders etc. I think it was all triggered by me trying on a beautiful white lace dress this weekend and when I took it off seeing that dreaded smudge of orange. If that's what foundation looks like on my face then I'm not sure I want it there.

I was thinking about it and I realise that a lot of the time when I wear make-up it's a way of covering up for me not doing the best for my skin; Lightening my dark circles instead of getting a good nights sleep, hiding spots when really I could just do with a face mask, adding a healthy glow instead of just being healthy. 

Obviously some things I can't help like the burst veins to the right of my mouth and the redness around my nose and on my cheeks. But does that really justify me wearing a full face of makeup nearly everyday? I'm not sure it does anymore. I've always thought that flaws are what make a person and that perfection in a way is actually quite unattractive. So then why am I not living by that? 

Does is really look right having a matte face? All one golden shade and without any imperfections. Surely it doesn't look real and if it doesn't look real then does it even look nice? 

I'm going to try going a bit more natural for a week or two. That doesn't mean no make-up of course! It just means wearing less of it especially make-up that goes on the skin like foundation and powders. 

What do you guys think? Do we as a generation cake our faces to achieve perfection? I'll keep you updated on twitter/instagram on how my natural face experiment goes! If you try and do the same then please tweet me and let me know! 

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment